Hotmail is a free web-based email system. It’s owned by Microsoft. Over the years, Hotmail went through many changes today it can be accessed by Outlook.com as the name Hotmail was replaced by Outlook in 2013. It’s a great email system with so many features. Hotmail provides you amazing storage space and features. It provides advance security as well.
Hotmail sign in process
If you want to access your Hotmail e-mails, you will have to follow the following process. We have explained it in easy steps below. The process is nothing completed and you will be able to complete it in no time as long as you follow the steps correctly.
- Hotmail is known as several names including Live.com and Outlook.com. The service and sign in process is same across the platform.
- When you enter the user id and password on the Hotmail sign in page you will get access to your email account. It also give you access to many related accounts including Microsoft Office Windows, Xbox, MSN, Skype, Windows phone, Bing, OneDrive and Microsoft Store. When you go to the home page of Hotmail, you will see the logo of Outlook.com as they have renamed Hotmail as Outlook.com in 2013. To sign in, you need Hotmail live email or Hotmail id.
- Are you using outlook through Hotmail mobile app or your PC? Well, then you don’t need to enter the login credentials every time as you record it in the device.
- Are you a daily user of MSN, Microsoft, Skype or Outlook.com? In that case you need to sign in to Hotmail every day.
How to access your email by sign in into the Hotmail account? Well, signing in is a really easy process. There is nothing complicated about it. Let’s take a look below.
- Go to your browser (can be any browser including Firefox and Chrome). Then enter hotmail.com and you will be taken to the Hotmail home page.
- You will have to enter your log in credentials there including email account and password. As for email account, all live account, outlook.com account and Hotmail account will be accepted there. Enter the respective password in the password field.
- If you are accessing Hotmail from your personal computer then you need to check the small box next to “keep me signed in” text. If you do so then your computer will remember your login credentials next time you attempt to sign in. However, if you are accessing your email from a public computer then you shouldn’t check this box as it is not safe.
- If signing in returns an error then you might have entered the wrong email address or password. So, you need to check them again. Make sure that Caps Lock is not on accidentally. In case if you have forgotten the password then you can reset your password by accessing “forgot password” link.
- When you give wrong sign in information, you will be asked to fill up an additional Captcha field where you will have to enter the text shown in an image. This is to ensure that you are a human and it’s not a robot trying to gain access to your account.